Happy New Year! It’s the beginning of 2019 and now is the time to audit your staff communication systems. Are they working? Are they effective? Where could they be improved?
Communication between staff members, likewise between staff, patients and management, are all integral to the smooth operation of a Medical Practice. Some ways of ensuring communication between staff members are effective and efficient include:
- Making use of office software tools such as those found in Genie and Best Practice. This is a sure fire way to be able to link patient related communications to the patient. It also ensures communications are recorded.
- Having a daily summary email to everyone at the end of each day. This is particularly useful in job share positions where the same receptionist or office manager may not there daily.
- If you are a paper based practice perhaps a diary at the front desk would work to record any outstanding items for the next day’s team to address.
- Open and honest dialogue between staff and managers to ensure everyone feels safe speaking up.
- Training on patient communication for all staff.
Remember, effective communication does not come naturally to all people. Ask if your staff would like training in communcation. If you think your Practice needs a reveiw get in touch today and we can help you ensure your staff are communicating the right way for your business. It’s a vital tool for an efficient and successful Practice.